Nurse call systems
Flexible Integration of nurse call systems
Whether in case of a small nurse call system in a daycare structure or a comprehensive system across several stations in a university clinic, New Voice MobiCall offers the possibility to connect all existing nurse call systems (e.g. Condigi, Ilper, Tyco, Ackermann, Honeywell, Schrack, Vocera…).
Our strength is the manufacturer-independent integration into our customers’ infrastructures. A parallel operation of two or more systems can also be implemented using a central MobiCall alarm server.
Thanks to the experience gained with over 6,000 successful installations, our company is one of the leading providers in the field of alerting systems. Take advantage of our comprehensive assistance, starting from the initial counselling and the on-site inspection, followed by a professional project implementation, up to the full operation and maintenance of the solution. New Voice offers you reliable and innovative products combined with user-friendly interfaces.
Alerting process in the event of a patient alarm
Basic components of the infrastructure are the nurse call system and emergency call terminal devices. By means of an emergency button, residents can easily ask for assistance to the nursing staff at any time.
MobiCall allows the interconnection between the emergency call and the communication systems, thus facilitating a targeted transmission of detailed alarm information (such as name, room number and alarm type) to the terminal device of the responsible nurse.
1) Resident requests assistance via emergency button
2) Information transfer from the nurse call system to the alarm server
3) Alerting of ward stations according to shift schedules
4) A nursing specialist acknowledges the alarm, so thealarm is quit
5) Escalation starts if no one acknowledges the alarm within 90 s.
6) Alerting of the adjacent station
7) A nursing specialist of the adjacent station acknowledges the alarm
8) Full documentation of the alarm events
Depending on the configuration, the alarm recipient can acknowledge the alarm receipt either positively or negatively. If, after a predefined time, the alarm recipient cannot be reached or a confirmation failed to occur, alternative people and/or representatives can be alarmed too.
The system also offers an information distribution based on time and calendar, offering a customizable representation of availability lists and duty rosters. Of course, MobiCall can also be connected to anti-wandering systems in order to directly transfer alarms as well as technical faults.
Die Lösung reduziert Laufwege und Stress beim Personal und verbessert die Reaktionszeiten bei Notrufen. Dies kann Leben retten und steigert das Wohlbefinden der Bewohner.
As a consequence, this solution minimises walking routes and stress for the staff members, while improving response times in case of emergency calls. This involves on one hand more chances to save a life, and on the other hand an enhancement of the residents’ well-being.
- Integration of the different existing systems
- Station-related and cross-stations alarms
- Transfer of alarm details , e.g. type, location and urgency
- Use of different alarm scenarios based on the urgency
- Support of time and shift schedules
- Simultaneous multimedia-based alarms on different devices
- Talk-back option for the patient room
- Alternative of positive and negative acknowledgement
- Watchdog monitoring of the interfaces
- Connection of up to 99 subsystems possible
- Connection of existing patient monitors
- Individual definition of critical thresholds
- Graphical status display
- Transmission of alarm information including details (for example a patient’s ECG-curve displayed and trasmitted as an image)
- Multimedia alarms, e.g. pop-up message on a PC or a smartphone
- Forwarding of the message to a subsystem, e.g. nurse call system
- Skill-based alerting process
- Watchdog monitoring of interfaces