In today’s environment, higher education institutions have to face a wide range of challenges. Besides the increasing digitalisation of teaching and management processes, also extensive contingency plans and stricter safety regulations may exemplify this context. Within these circumstances, the proper and quickest possible redirection of significant information is a key element to cope with these requirements.
By means of MobiCall internal and external first aid stations are alerted and evacuations are immediately initiated. Crisis teams and conferences can be called up at the touch of a button according to the situation.
A further advantage of this solution is that through a unique info hotline, students, staff members, media and the public are provided with the latest information.
MobiCall allows to create a large-scale networking among systems, devices, sensors and the responsible staff, in order to directly transfer critical faults and important threshold values. As a result, buildings are safeguarded while preventing damages to the technical infrastructure.
The system supports such processes acting as a central alarm and information platform. MobiCall provides a better protection for your students and staff members, as well as a quick reactivity to technical and operational alarms; thus allowing to avoid any kind of faults and to improve public safety.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW MOBICALL SUPPORTS YOU BY PROTECTING YOUR STUDENTS,
STAFF MEMBERS AND FACILITIES, WHILE OPTIMIZING YOUR WORKFLOWS
MobiCall provides a better protection for your students and staff members, as well as a quick reactivity to technical and operational alarms; thus allowing to avoid any kind of faults or system breakdowns and to improve public safety. The system provides a time- and calendar-dependent information distribution, which enables a flexible mapping of duty rosters.
The information transfer can occur on a skill-based and prioritised, but also on a simultaneous or sequential way, depending on the configuration. MobiCall also supports internal watchdog monitoring, automatic backups as well as reporting and statistics features.
All scenarios can be configured and managed through the MobiCall-App, both in a centralised and decentralised way. The web-based management tool features an innovative “drag-and-drop” configurator. This solution provides IT administrators and users responsible for groups as well as for subject areas with an intuitive and clearly structured tool to configure personal data and alarm parameters.
Starting from the current version, MobiCall supports Low-Power Wide-Area Network based protocols, such as LoRa, SigFox or NB-IoT. Thanks to these technologies it is possible to cheaply and quickly integrate any sensor type. A major advantage of this technology is that no GSM, WiFi or Ethernet infrastructure is necessary to let the sensors run. Due to the battery-operated system, no connection to the mains is needed. So, allocated emergency buttons, utility meters, or temperature and level sensors can among others simply be connected to a central MobiCall device.
In emergency situations like fire alarms, crisis or disaster alerts an immediate mass alerting is required. With MobiCall the existing infrastructure can be used so that telephones and computers in use are available to transmit an audible or visible alarm signalling. IP-loudspeakers or central PA systems can be connected in order to play back the proper announcement (e.g. in corridor areas). A further major aspect is the rapid assistance in case of health emergencies. The system can be employed for first aiders’ emergency calls, taking into account the rules and regulations of the employers’ liability insurance association.
- A single system for fire, disaster and emergency alert
- Integration of existing fire alarm and danger warning systems through standardised and proprietary interfaces (among others ESPA 4.4.4, ESPA-X, XML)
- Automatic or manual alarm trigger
- Technical or sectoral alerting according to the scenario
- Multimedia alerting via phone, smartphone, PC Client, IP-loudspeaker and subsystems
- Use of alarm features such as announcement, special ring tone or call disrupt (depending on the PBX system)
First-aiders emergency call
- Central phone number for all staff members to call first-aiders
- Optional record of emergency information
- Fixed and dynamic space-oriented alarm combination
- Automatic set-up of conferences among first-aiders
- Conferences can be recorded and forwarded
- Optional forwarding to external stations
- Automatic switching-off function in case of emergency
- Silent alarm are triggered through the telecommunication system and can be listened in defined rooms
- PC-client to trigger and receive an alarm
- Hotkey function and connection to external USB pushbuttons
- Alarm trigger and receipt with locked screen
- Connection to push-buttons or remote emergency devices using the existing networking infrastructure
- Alarm scenarios can be individually customised or combined depending on the building, floor and department
MobiCall can be operated as a central Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) platform. Local systems, such as burglary control panels, access controls, fire alarm systems, PA systems, video surveillance systems, paging stations, individual work stations, intercom or central building control systems can be recorded and displayed on a central customised user interface. Thanks to all the gathered information, the user is able to get a comprehensive overview of the situation. Depending on the circumstances, different scenarios can be put activated, monitored and managed both manually and automatically.
Control centres and hazard management
- Central representation of data to be monitored
- Call-up of crisis teams and conferences
- Optional availability alert
- Live monitoring of alarm and information distribution
- Alerting according to the presence status
- Input of on-call schedules
- Automatic import of alarm plans
- Integrated voice recording
Lone workers’ protection
- Platform-independent solution for DECT, Wifi, GSM
- Support of manual (red button) and automatic alarms (man-down, no movement, time, escape and tear-off via pull-cord alarm)
- Automatic set up of emergency conferences between alarm trigger and alarm recipient
- Permanent monitoring of personal alarm signal devices
- Localisation via DECT, Wifi, Bluetooth Beacons and GPS
- Buildings and site plans visualization system
- Support to patrol and watchman controls
- Automatic parallel calls receipt
- Flexible adaptation of free or pre-defined announcements
- Optional multi-stage Interactive Voice Response menus
- VIP circuitry for phone numbers of utmost importance
- Partial or total blocking of phone numbers as an option
- Saving important staff resources
- Alerting of the population
- Comprehensive statistics and recording
MobiCall, with its variety of interfaces, allows a real time monitoring of all subsystems, such as process control and display systems, as well as building management and ICT components. When faults or critical thresholds occur, the detailed alarm information and process data are automatically conveyed through the cross-platform to a defined group of people. The integrated task management is a major advantage of this solution, ensuring faults classification and tracking. The whole process, starting from the alarm trigger up to the troubleshooting including the usual SLA times, can be monitored and displayed.
Process and building automation
- Collection and monitoring of reporting points across different locations
- IP-Wago contact controller to collect analog signals as well as digital contact inputs and outputs
- LPWAN based records to connect low-consumption devices, like battery-operated sensors
- Serial connection via ESPA 4.4.4, Generic Printer Protocol
- IP integrations via Modbus, KNX, BACNet, OPC, XML, e-mail, ESPA-X, HL7, etc.
- Display of alarm and status messages
- Support to time schedules and shift plans for a specific alarm transmission
- Positive or negative acknowledgement signal transmission
- Task Management to monitor all pending events
- Activation of special features linked to announcement and pop-up functionalities on the PC
- Integration of PA equipment and IP-loudspeakers
- Platform-independent integration of security technology
- Constant monitoring of critical components
- Optional collection of local alarms endowed with a secondary alerting channel via GSM
- Direct transmission of camera images to the client smartphones
- All-clear and information function
- Integration of the existing management systems
- Direct integration and monitoring of ICT components, such as PBX infrastructures, Windows services and processes, PING functions and SNMP traps V1-V3
- Setting priorities and availability plans
- Safe transmission on smartphone app
- Automatic text-to-speech function including the stored library
- Temperature and humidity control
- Access control to the server room including video integration
Do you need more information about a specific application?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to better understand how MobiCall could help you.