Administration & Public Institutions
Public institutions are facing ever growing pressures, like the increasing regulations to better secure staff members and assets from unforeseen or even daily routine risks. Furthermore, they are increasingly expected to better manage extreme or unforeseen events and situations that inevitably surprise at the most inconvenient of times. Evacuation, lock-down and emergency plans are expected to be reliable, efficient, with people easily able to collaborate and stay informed.
MobiCall is both able to automatically and/or manually be configured to respond to any change in situation, at any time. In an emergency situation this may be a sensor triggered automatically, or it may be triggered via a web-interface, an email or a simple phone call. MobiCall is then able to manage an orderly predetermined procedure or workflow, for evacuation or for an automated lock-down process, or some other procedure as set out by decision makers. MobiCall will assist in ensuring collaboration and/or escalation of notification of the event between key people/decision makers to ensure a planned outcome.
Fields of application
- Silent alarms
- Emergency call management
- Emergency process management
- Rapid Response Systems
- Intrusion detection
- Lock down procedures
- Call recording
- Message broadcasting (speakers, end-devices…)
- Network monitoring (SNMP trap…)
Learn more about how MobiCall can support you by protecting your employees and buildings
MobiCall provides a better protection for people and staff members, as well as a quick reactivity to technical and operational alarms; thus allowing to avoid any kind of faults or system breakdowns and to improve public safety. The system provides a time- and calendar-dependent information distribution, which enables a flexible mapping of duty rosters. The information transfer occurs on a skill-based and prioritised, as well as on a simultaneous or sequential way, depending on the alarm configuration. MobiCall also supports internal watchdog monitoring, automatic backups as well as comprehensive reporting and statistics features.
All scenarios can be configured and managed through the MobiCall-App, both in a centralised and decentralised way. The web-based management tool features an innovative “drag-and-drop” configurator. This solution provides IT administrators and users responsible for groups as well as for subject areas with an intuitive and clearly structured tool to configure personal data and alarm parameters. The multi-client capability offers to different areas the opportunity to autonomously administer their own alarm management by means of differentiated access rights. The connection of external databases is also possible, thus allowing the use of existing master data for the automatic import, which consequently reduces the administrative load.
As a professional safety solution, MobiCall can also be operated in a redundant set-up with increased performance and high reliability. MobiCall geo-clustering enables redundancy and functional monitoring in several locations.
Starting from the current version, MobiCall supports Low-Power Wide-Area Network based protocols, such as LoRa, SigFox or NB-IoT. Thanks to these technologies it is possible to cheaply and quickly integrate any sensor type. A major advantage of this technology is that no GSM, WiFi or Ethernet infrastructure is necessary to let the sensors run. Due to the battery-operated system, no connection to the mains is needed. Therefore, allocated emergency buttons, utility meters, or temperature and level sensors can among others simply be connected to a central MobiCall device.
In recent years, threats and abuses in public institutions have constantly increased. To be able to quickly help employees in critical situations, MobiCall allows triggering the so-called masked “silent alarms” using the available PC and communication infrastructure. Each type of alarm is processed quickly and reliably. Emergency teams are alarmed via phone call or pop-up message and teleconferences can be started automatically to help evaluating the situation and defining the suitable aid measures. A major feature is the opportunity to quick help employees in case of health emergencies; in fact the system can be employed for first aiders’ emergency calls, taking into account the rules and regulations of the employers‘ liability insurance association.
- Use of several media to trigger the alarm
- Silent alarm trigger through a telecommunication system with the option to be listened in the room
- PC-client to trigger and receive an alarm
- Hotkey function and connection to external USB push-buttons
- Alarm trigger and receipt with locked screen
- Monitored connection between server and client
- Active Directory integration to transfer master data
- Connection to push-buttons or remote emergency devices using the existing networking infrastructure
- Alarm scenarios can be individually customised or combined depending on the building, floor and department
Field representatives’ protection
- App for all standard smartphone platforms
- Encrypted communication between server and client
- Alarm triggering through emergency button (hardware button) or Soft Button*
- Emergency function with locked screen (Android)
- Automatic alarms (no movement, panic and man-down alarm*)
- Support of external push-buttons and smartwatches
- Registration and cancellation of on-call services
- Localisation via GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth Beacon and NFC
*depending on the mobile device
First-aiders’ emergency call
- Central phone number for all staff members to call first-aiders
- Optional record of emergency information
- Fixed and dynamic space-oriented alarm combination
- Automatic set-up of conferences between first-aiders which can be recorded and forwarded
- Optional forwarding to external stations
- Automatic switching-off function in case of emergency
In emergency situations like fire alarms or disaster alerts an immediate mass alerting is necessary. With MobiCall the existing infrastructure can be used so that telephones and computers in use are available to transmit an acoustic or optical alarm signalling. IP-loudspeakers or central PA systems can be connected in order to play back the proper announcement (e.g. in corridor areas). These functions permit a selective evacuation of buildings or individual areas. MobiCall can also be employed as a central alarm and information platform to cope with crisis scenarios and natural disasters. This solution ensures a quick information transmission thanks to simultaneous notifications. The co-ordination among all the acting people occurs by teleconferences. Moreover, it is possible to form crisis teams and to externally forward the alarm. Besides, citizens can be provided with an info hotline to always have up to date information available. In any case, each scenario can be managed through a userfriendly interface.
- A single system for fire, disaster and amok-run alert
- Integration of existing fire alarm and hazard detection systems through standardised and manufacturer-specific interfaces (among others ESPA 4.4.4, ESPA-X, XML)
- Automatic or manual alarm trigger
- Technical or sectoral alerting according to the scenario
- Multimedia alerting via phone, smartphone, PC Client, IP-loudspeaker and subsystems
- Use of alarm features such as announcement, special ring tone or call disrupt (depending on the PBX system)
Crisis teams and emergency conferences
- Automatic and manual starting of teleconferences
- Optional inbound, outbound and mixed conferences
- Dialling different destination numbers of the same participant
- Optional conferences record
- Configuration of password-protected access controls or identification through the phone number
- Web-based administration surface to manage conferences
- Dynamic conference participants’ connection
Info hotline/Citizen Service Centre
- Automatic parallel calls receipt
- Flexible adaptation of free or pre-defined announcements
- Optional multi-stage Interactive Voice Response menus
- VIP circuitry for phone numbers of utmost importance
- Partial or total blocking of phone numbers as an option
- Saving important staff resources
- Alerting of the population
- Comprehensive statistics and recording
MobiCall, with its variety of interfaces, allows a real time monitoring of all subsystems, such as process control and visualization systems, as well as building automation and ICT components. When faults or critical thresholds occur, the detailed alarm information and process data are automatically conveyed through the cross-platform to a defi ned group of people. The integrated task management is a major advantage of this solution, ensuring faults classifi cation and tracking. The whole process, starting from the alarm trigger up to the troubleshooting including the usual SLA times, can be monitored and displayed.
Process and building automation
- • Collection and monitoring of reporting points across different locations
- IP-Wago contact controller to collect analog signals (such as temperature, measuring and fl uid levels) as well as digital contact inputs and outputs
- LPWAN based records to connect low-consumption devices, like battery-operated sensors
- Serial connection via ESPA 4.4.4, Generic Printer Protocol
- IP integrations via Modbus, KNX, BACNet, OPC, XML, e-mail, ESPA-X, HL7, etc.
- Visualization of alarm and status messages
- Support to time schedules and shift plans for a specific alarm transmission
- Positive or negative acknowledgement signal transmission
- Task management to monitor all pending events
- Activation of special features linked to announcement and pop-up functionalities on the PC
- Integration of PA equipment and IP-loudspeakers
- Platform-independent integration of security technology
- Constant monitoring of critical components
- Optional collection of local alarms endowed with a secondary alerting channel via GSM
- Direct transmission of camera images to the client smartphones
- All-clear and information function
- Integration of management systems (e.g. Nagios, HP-OpenView, CastleRock, etc.) •
- Direct integration and monitoring of ICT components: – PBX infrastructures – Windows services and processes – PING functions – SNMP traps V1-V3
- Setting priorities and availability plans
- Safe transmission on smartphone app
- Automatic text-to-speech function including the stored library
- Temperature and humidity control
- Access control to the server room including video integration
Do you need more information about a specific application?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to better understand how MobiCall could help you.